Sunday, May 15, 2011

Menu Plan May 16 - May 21


It's been forever since I've posted a menu plan. It's actually been forever since I've made a menu plan! I got out off the habit, and now, it is time to get back in the habit of planning what we eat. Our shopping has been more like pick up the few things we can afford from the local grocery store and avoid the Superstore as much as possible! I always tend to spend way more at the big stores. I noticed that in the past, making a menu caused me to shop the big store every week and therefore spend more because I was buying ingredients to fit certain recipes.

I need to make frugality a priority in my menu planning.


I also want to make healthy eating a priority. Our local CSA will contribute to the idea of eating local, and eating healthy. We are considering local, organic meat as well. I have been thinking a lot about healthy food and cooking and eating as a family. (More on this to come!)

For now, I will try to include more eggs, beans and lentils in my recipes. It is so easy to get overwhelmed when trying to change food habits. I think choosing one or two goals and being intentional is the key to change. Menu planning is the intentional part!

So here is our menu for this week:

Monday: Leftover beef pot roast with root veggies
Tuesday: Egg and black bean burritos with homemade fruit smoothies
Wednesday: Stir Fry with leftover beef (it was a big roast!)
Thursday: Lentil Shepherd's Pie
Friday: Vegetarian Chili and Rolls
Saturday: My Sister's Birthday party! We are hosting a potluck BBQ and will serve chicken breast and homemade hamburgers.

Please check out Laura's blog for more ideas!

1 comment: